This project is read-only.

error on Login and command.Fetch(mailbox)

Jan 8, 2008 at 12:31 PM
Hi,

I get the following error on authenticate.Login()

"Authentication failed: * CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 BINARY CATENATE CHILDREN ESEARCH ID IDLE LITERAL+ LOGIN-REFERRALS NAMESPACE QUOTA SASL-IR UIDPLUS UNSELECT WITHIN X-DRAFT-I04-SEARCHRES"} System.Exception {Koolwired.Imap.ImapAuthenticationException

the server in Zimbra

Also, on another server (SurgeMail), I've got an error/time out on command.Fetch(mailbox).

Thanks,
Catalin
Jan 17, 2008 at 1:30 PM
Edited Jan 17, 2008 at 1:57 PM
Unfortunately I have only been able to test against Courier-IMAP and Dovecot (since they are the only ones available to me.) My guess is the client does not support any of your mail servers available authentication schemes since I am unfaimilar with SASL-IR and LOGIN-REFERRALS.

I believe adding LOGIN-REFERRALS should be quite easy.
Jan 18, 2008 at 1:52 AM
It appears that unless you truly use referrals login-referrals is the same as "PLAIN" I have made the correction to support this in the sourceforge SVN repository.
Feb 27, 2008 at 4:09 PM
ok... I have some details on debugging the code: apparently our server end its response with "OK Fetch Completed", without a ".", Also, I have tried on another free mail that offers IMAP access (fastmail.fm) and it adds at the end the execution time, somthing like "kw0003 OK Completed (0.000 sec)".

I have not been able to try on Gmail because the application stops in ImapConnect.Open at line 216.

Another question: is it possible to get the messages from the server ordered by some field ? (by date or by sender etc)... E.G. I would like to get the latest 10 emails that I received... How do I do it?

Thanks,
Catalin
Mar 19, 2008 at 6:40 PM
I believe I have the sort / paged email available in my latest source although I am not sure if it has been uploaded to code plex / sf. I should have some time to address these issues this coming weekend.