SSL connections

Oct 9, 2008 at 3:31 PM
Has anyone written in support for SSL connections? My understanding is that Gmail requires it. As it stands right now, trying to open a connection to Gmail will never complete. Thanks!
Oct 9, 2008 at 10:07 PM
I've just implemented SSL support. I've made a few other updates and fixes as well. I'll post the patches to SF.net when I get a chance. If you need SSL code before then, post here and I can send you my modifications.
Coordinator
Nov 4, 2008 at 12:41 AM
Awsome, I would love to get the SSL support into the next release
Coordinator
Dec 20, 2008 at 12:45 AM
Edited Dec 20, 2008 at 12:47 AM
I didn't get a response so I attempted to implement SSL my self. I think i got it but if you wouldn't mind taking a look at it I would appreciate it.
Jan 7, 2009 at 2:36 PM
I've been trying to use the latest release (SSL support) with my gmail account. It connects fine, I can examine the mailbox. However whenever i try to do a fetch it doesn't work! Any ideas?
Coordinator
Feb 9, 2009 at 6:37 PM
Some of the commands google uses are not the same as the ones I've seen from other IMAP service providers. Another developer has supplied me with the code necessary to talk with google but I haven't had time to merge that in and verify that it does not break the existing functionality.
Feb 12, 2009 at 6:27 PM
@newbish:
Hey just ran across this project, very cool, would be very handy!
I'm also interested in gmail support, I'll keep checking back :)

on a second note: I'm trying to connect to gmail (I understand I probably wont be able to do anything with it yet) but I'm getting an exception kicked back that it was actively refused by the server.
code (sorry for the vile vb.net):
Dim connection As New ImapConnect("imap.gmail.com", 993, True)
connection.Open()

Coordinator
Mar 9, 2009 at 7:25 PM
Although I have yet to update the dll, the newest source code is in subversion on source forge including some new nunit stuff. Anyway with regards to your problem my guess is its probably a firewall or something.